Thursday, May 29, 2008

Icon Analysis

There are many icons/idols that strike my interest in the world today. One major icon is Carrie Underwood. She made her way to number one at American Idol and has sold millions of records since. She has worked very hard but seems to remember where she came from. I truly think that she understands not to take anything in life for granted and I have nothing but respect for that. Carrie will be around for years to come.

Another contemporary icon that I value is Mario and Luigi from Mario Brothers Nintendo games. I received my first Nintendo when I was three years old and the first game that I ever played was Duck Hunt on Mario Brothers. Mario and Luigi have been around for a very long time! I believe that they will continue to do great in the world of video games.

One other icon that has made a lasting impact on me is The Little Mermaid. Ariel and her friends, Sebastian and Flounder, always made me smile when I was a little girl. Everything I had, from my bedding to my clothes, had to be The Little Mermaid. This Disney Movie has definitely made a lasting impression on tons of kids around the world!

4 comments:

Hampto08 said...

I would agree that The Little Mermaid is a popular icon. I have a sister who is much younger than me (14 years younger) who loves this movie & has dolls of the characters from it. The Little Mermaid has been out for quite some time and has been re released not too long ago like many other iconic movies like Bambi.

Also, I loved the game Duck Hunt. I think it is a simple classic compared to all of the complexities in today's games.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Great posting. I couldn't agree with you more about Carrie Underwood. She recently gave a concert in my town and the DJ's on a local country station commented on the fact that she thinks it is so neat that she gets to eat free at (just about the only restaurant) the Pizza Hut in her hometown. She doesn't seem to have forgotten about where she came from.

David

Michelle young said...

Hi Jamie nice blog. I used to play Nintendo and Mario Brothers with my sister when we were little as well. Your blog made me remember some good times with my sister.

Also, Army Wives is a good show. I've watched it a time or two on Lifetime, but keep forgetting about it. My husband was in the Army, 101st Airborne Division, so I can relate to them. He was in Desert Shield Desert Storm and it was the most terrible experience I have ever been through.

Thanks for sharing!

vickiejm said...

I read Jamie's Icon Anaysis with the 3 Icon's being American Idol Carrie Underwood she is very talent I must agree I am not the biggest county music fan but she seem to me to be able to crossover to pop as I have seen her video on VH1 which show all pop videos.
The next icon was Mario brothers I have played the game a few time and it is fun it has earn it way as an icon when it began a cartoon show and hit the big screen.
The icon was the final was the little mermaid I can not even think of live in my sister household without the the mermaid she was one of most positive out at that time. I got to see the live show at the Disney park in Florida it was beautiful. Great choices.