Monday, May 12, 2008

Why is an understanding of popular culture relevant to you in a business environment and in your present and future career?

The business world of banking has made a lasting impression on the world and doesn't seem to be going out of style any time soon. I have worked in a bank for the past four years and plan to do so post graduation here at Franklin University. Due to the fact that I am majoring in Financial Management, my banking experience has given me a great deal of experience towards a great future career! If people had rejected the idea of banks when they were first developed, and/or if banks all of the sudden didn't exist, this would tremendously affect my future career and my current major as well.

1 comment:

Hampto08 said...

When I read your post about banking I immediately thought back to a time when in order to check your bank account balance you had to go in person, check it over the phone, or be meticulous about keeping your check book balanced. Now banking has evolved along with technology to be real time banking online at your fingertips. People are more lax with balancing check books and rely mostly on technology to do the work for them. Banking is definitely a part of popular culture.