
One great popular culture artifact is Elvis. Nearly everyone around the world has heard of "The King". Elvis is such a legend that many people believe that he lives on. Elvis has had many number one hits before he died in 1977. His many hits included "Jailhouse Rock," "Hound Dog" and "Blue Suede Shoes." Elvis is a world-wide phenomenon who will never be forgotten. Although there are many impresonators, no one will ever truly be "The King".
3 comments:
I found your blog to be very relative to this course. I would agree that Elvis "The King" is definitely a popular culture artifact. What I find interesting about Elvis is that people still talk about him like he is alive, & even go as far as celebrating his birthday every year. It's amazing how a part of culture can mean so much to someone.
Even though I'm not a fan of Elvis' music, I do agree he was the original "king" of music. He opened up a lot of doors for musicians then and today. Many people disagreed with his music and dancing back when he first started singing, but he basically was trying to make a point by saying this is what kids want to hear and this is that way they are dancing. He didn't want to hide the true facts and people didn't want to accept that truth.
Jamie,
Your blog is very nice, and I feel that your popular culture artifact is appropriate. My aunt is a huge Elvis fan, and no one can ignore his influence on our culture. I am not a big Elvis fan either, but I have visited Graceland when I was younger and found it to be a very unique place. If Elvis was not “The King,” Vegas impersonators would be singing different songs and this is one example of how his influence persists to this day.
Post a Comment