Monday, May 12, 2008
What is popular culture, and what does it mean to you?
Popular culture, to me, is everything that includes the past, present, and future that has made a lasting impression on the world. Examples can include everything from politics and religion to foods and fashion. Popular culture has to deal with a person's contemporary lifestyle and cultural patterns that are found worldwide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I found your interpretation of popular culture to be very close to my own & thoroughly enjoyed your blog.
Jamie,
I have to agree with your examples of Pop Culture! American Idol is something that everyone can enjoy no matter their background as long as they like the music. I know a few people that don't watch it just because they refuse to be part of Pop Culture today. I find it rather amusing. I love the Elvis picture! I'm a huge Elvis fan! He has touched so many people with his gift and truly is part of American history. I don't think we will see what Elvis left behind die off any time soon. Nice job on the Blog! -Adam :-)
I do agree with you a whole lot because popular culture as I mentioned in my blog can be considered a religion on its own,popular culture is mostly there for our own human amusement and enjoyment,and during the past couple of years it has been taken to a whole new other level.
Post a Comment